Saturday, December 5, 2009

NRV Gymnastics - Sensory Group

B. & J. have been participating in a Sensory Group - this group is especially for kids who have sensory issues like those who avoid normal sensory input or who seek more then normal sensory input. They usually do activities that focus on each one of the senses - hearing, seeing, tasting, touching, smelling, and vestibular (where you are in space). The closing activity included bouncing all around the facilities at NRV Gymnastics.

The amazing foam pit must have an interesting collection of socks etc. at the bottom. I jumped in and had to maneuver myself to a mat so I could get out. I noticed that as I stepped in to get some leverage, the foam seemed to wrap around my socks and want to keep them as I stepped out. I feared for my cell phone, which was in my pocket - but we emerged unscathed.

J. on the trampoline. Don't you just love J's unmatched socks - she, her sister and some friends seem to have made mis-matched socks an art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers